Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer 2010

Okay, So we had a blast this summer! Be warned, there are a ton of pictures. I should not do this to myself or to you, my poor readers, but this is how it is.

We started out the summer with a trip to see Paul, Casandra and Erik for Paul's B-day. We had so much fun.




Jamie and Nick joined us with baby. She really liked the water. At least that's what we think.





The state capital.



Katee liked the statues.

We put trick candles on Paul's cake. It was really fun watching Paul and Erik with the candles.



I was cook for girls camp. That is the best way to go to girls camp. All the fun with none of the responsibility. There was the little matter of actually having to cook for the girls and leaders, but that was nothing. We enjoyed it! One morning we got up and did our cooking in our pajamas. Served the girls and leaders. Then cleaned the kitchen all in our pajamas. It was very relaxing and so casual.


One problem I had though. On the hike, I got into something I was allergic too. It got on my shirt and boy did I start itching. When I took off the shirt and got a shower it went away. Then later they wanted us to wear our shirts for the pictures and I put it back on. Man, I started to itch again. So then I knew it was on the shirt. I should have just held the shirt up in front of me for the picture. That would have worked.

We had July 4th at our house this year. The kids swam and the adults talked and ate. Then we went down to the bowery to go ice blocking. No pictures of ice blocking, but one of this crazy couple.

Around the 24th Gene had a living history at This is the Place State Park. So we went down there to support him. Katee wanted us to do the pie eating contest, so we did. As you can see I really got into it. Literally!



These two cute grandkids were both dressed in red so I had to take their picture. Their moms are pretty cute too.
In August, we went up to Yellowstone. It was as awesome trip. We went with some friends and they showed us some great things to do up there. So we want to go back soon!
Some hot springs coming out in the river.

This was the view of the Tetons looking out of the Jackson Lake Lodge window just as you come up the grand staircase. What a view!


This was by our campsite.


This is back in Yellowstone. I don't think the pictures do it justice. But I gave it my best shot.












Old Faithful.

The awesome bikeride where we got rained and hailed on and we lived to tell the tale.

Some of the downhills were so steep, you had to walk the bike to be safe. This was the view we did not even expect when we came around one of the corners. Just off the road you could see this. Not Gene,... silly,... the gully!

Bubbling hot pots. Mammoth Hot Springs from a distance. It looks like a glacier.

One of the walks.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad you posted all of these fun pictures. I love them.
I'm so sad summer ended so quickly.
But I'm happy for the time we got to spend with you guys.

pawlyandsandy said...

The pictures are great. Glad you had a great summer.