Here's a project I've been working on for about 24 years. It's our Jamie!
She is so much fun to be around. She always has a funny story to tell. We love that she teaches voice lessons at our house because we get a two fold benefit. We get to see Jamie at least twice a week and we get to see and hear the wonderful kids she teaches. Sometimes we find ourselves singing along with the songs the kids are singing. We love her so much. We hope you had a Happy Birthday!
Now we haven't worked on this project so much as Nick and Jamie did. But that doesn't mean we are not just as proud of him. He graduated from Weber State University this Spring. Congratulations Nick!
We see enough of our family and so here is a picture of Nick's family.
Okay, so here's a project we started around Memorial day. We had a railroad tie retaining wall that was rotting and falling down because it was being eaten by bugs, so we had to do something about it. We decided to go with this rock block. These great big blocks on the bottom weighed 100 lbs. The block with tops on them weighed 50 lbs. I could barely lift the 50 pounders. Gene and Nick had to do most of the heavy lifting. This was a project the whole family and neighbors helped with.
Even Squishy helped.
What a mess we had going! We had to get it done fast so we could clean everything up and get our garden in.
Thank you to everyone who helped! It really turned out great. And the garden is growing... weeds and all!
Gene, Katee and I ran in a 5k at her school. Katee was very motivated to do well in the race. She worked out with Gene and by herself. And she did great. She even beat me!( Not hard to do). But she was pretty quick. She did it in about 30 minutes!
Katee had her end of year dance recital. She took 2 dance classes, Hip, Hop and Jazz. Nice job Katee!
Last year I made a post about our secret garden(click secret garden to see it). It was very prettty with the roses in bloom, but a lot of the year it looks very over grown. This year I decided I wanted to make a patio where the garden was.
Hand it to my good husband. If I want something, he makes it happen. So away went all the tulips and bulbs.
And after hours of digging, leveling, rumaging through the rock pile near Park City(two trips to get enough rocks), sifting through sand, carrying rocks, laying rocks, removing rocks, relaying rocks, hauling sand, washing sand, and sweeping sand, we have this! Our beautiful patio. We love it!



4 comments:
wow wow busy lady!!! All your projects turned out wonderful- it all looks great!! I'm so excited for your family- graduation, birthdays, mission calls- so so fun!!!
Thanks for the great pictures. You have been really busy. I loved the roses but this looks wonderful too. What a nice place to set,relax and enjoy. Time for a little vacation.
Your girls are so pretty. We're so happy for Laurie.
Yep you've been busy!!!!
Love the new patio! Looks like a million bucks!!!
Hope you have fun in Mesa Verde
and Congratulations Laurie!
Congratulations Laurie on your mission call! I am so excited for you. We are happy you are all doing well. Send our love to the ward. (=
Post a Comment